Yesterday was another good day. I felt relaxed, I didn’t feel overwhelmed with work, and I lost 1.8 lbs!
Today, was different. I was up in weight on the scale, work was feeling overwhelming, and a client wasn’t terribly happy. HOWEVER, I have some small victories from the day:
1. I drank my water. Usually when I’m swamped at work, I make bad eating choices. One of them is not to be mindful of my water intake. It was 1:00pm and I realized I haven’t had any water for the day. So, I walked upstairs and filled up my water. I have successfully drank 10 glasses of water today. YAY!
2. I still made good eating choices. Once again, in times of stress, I usually binge eat sweets. Today, I popped in sugar free gum and continued on my day. I did not carelessly eat anything today, and I haven’t even indulged in a cookie!
3. I was mindful of my breathing. I took some deep breaths when I noticed my shoulders tensing and jaw tightening.
4. I exercised. Tonight was the first night since starting Beachbody again, that I had to REALLY make myself do the workouts. I did everything I could to talk myself out of it. But, I knew of all days (a stressful one), is the day I REALLY NEEDED to workout. So, I got my butt in gear and did it.
5. I took a couple minutes to myself. I stepped away from my kids and hubby when things were just getting over the top. So, I locked myself in the bathroom and did 5 minutes of reading on my Noom app. (Don’t judge 🤷🏻♀️😅)
So, things were pretty poopy today, but all in all, still some really good stuff. I’m hoping it will pay off in the long-run (and that tomorrow will be a better day)!